public NTP service
NTP is a way to obtain the time over internet. There are NTP/SNTP clients which can keep a PC's clock synched to the correct time by querying NTP servers. These NTP servers sync to other NTP servers, or to time sources such as GPS receivers.
i run 2 public NTP servers, accessible on both IPv4 and IPv6. The service area is: NL, DE, DK, BE
how to use
Use one of the following:
- roundrobin address
- individual servers
about this service
Both servers are stratum 2-3. I manually selected stratum 1 and 2 upstream servers for being of good enough quality (low latency, offset within ~1 ms). The servers can be queried with "ntpq -p".
I intend to maintain a quality service in terms of latency, accuracy, and continuity.
Inclusion in the NTP pool, or the public server list, is under consideration.
rules for using this service
This server is open to use by everyone, within conditions:
- if you maintain a LAN with multiple fixed PC's, you should set up a local NTP server for the other PC's to sync to.
- you should be in the service area.
- You must not hardcode this server's hostname or IP addresses in a default software configuration, home router, etc.
- client must obey KoD reply
- you must not use BURST, except for temporary testing purposes. you may use IBURST.
- you may send me an email to tell that you use the service.